Truly a unique yarn! Caracol from Malabrigo starts with a bulky thick-and-thin single made of delightfully soft superwash merino wool, and then is criss-crossed with a binder thread (either black or white.) The yarn is then dyed in one of Malabrigo's signature kettle-dyed colorways, and: poof! Something unlike any yarn made before, inspired by a particular style of handspun yarn. Caracol knits up into a cozy, fluffy fabric with a ton of texture and visual interest. Simple stitch patterns really let it sing!
Warm winter accessories, big cozy afghans, and stockinette that's far from boring
Be sure to get enough yarn to complete your project since each bag is a different dye lot, and skeins may vary from bag to bag. The skeins may vary one from the other even within the same bag.
- Weight: Super Bulky
- Texture: plied, thick and thin yarn.
- Yardage/Meters: 90 yards (87 meters)
- Skein weight: 150 grams (5.29 ounces)
- Gauge: 9 sts = 4 inches.
- Recommended needle size: US 13 - 19 or 9 - 15mm
- Recommended hook size: US N/P/15 to P/Q or 10 - 15 mm
- Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool.
- Cares: Machine washable, gentle cycle, cold water, do not tumble